Cellar Door Sales Assistant
Our Cellar Door Sales Assistants are vital members of the family at Eldridge Estate. You are our face to our customers. The Cellar Door Sales Assistant is responsible for conducting wine tastings; preparing and serving our platters, and promoting the sales of our award-winning wines.
This is a casual role requiring the successful candidate to work on a Saturday and/or Sunday. We offer great pay, including all leave loading and penalty rates, in accordance with the Wine Industry Award. Depending on level of experience hourly rates range from someone with no experience working on a weekday at $27.10 an hour to $68.09 an hour for a wine expert working on a Sunday.
We are looking to add an experienced, hardworking and enthusiastic hospitality professional, with a strong wine focus or a desire to learn.
Open/close of premise
- Ensure opening/start of day procedure is followed prior to customer arrival.
- Open premise in accordance with daily hours of operation.
- Ensure premise is secure on departure.
- Responsible for the delivery of prompt and courteous service to customers.
- Facilitate and conduct wine tastings for customers.
- Promotes responsible service of alcohol.
- Maintain sound knowledge of Eldridge wine and some knowledge of competitor wine products.
- Actively promotes the sale of Eldridge wine.
- Actively aims to increase customer expenditure.
- Process transactions via till and EFTPOS facilities.
- Deal with bookings and phone enquiries.
- Process, prepare and despatch phone/email orders.
End of Day Processes
- Ensure end of day procedure is followed after customers have departed.
- Check with manager for next day requirements, prior to clocking off and report on any stock needed for next day of trade.
- Communicate any issues arising during your shift to the manager.
- Responsible for change, float, summary/end of day reports
- Ensure Cellar Door Sales premise and surrounds are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- General housekeeping duties including; vacuuming, dusting and cleaning the toilet etc.
- Cleaning and polishing of glasses used for tasting.
- Ensure shelving is well stocked and presented. Wine labels to be facing the front.
Promote and Practice Safe work Practices
- Comply with all OH&S policies and procedures.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as specified.
- Report all accidents, near misses and unsafe work practices/hazards to your Manager.
- Maintain all equipment to a safe working standard.
- Work on a manner which is conductive to OH&S.
- Possession of Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy.
- Outgoing hands on attitude.
- Customer service focused.
- High standard of dress and grooming
- Passionate about wine and food.
- Relevant studies in wine.
- Cellar Door Sales experience.